Structural repair ties are extra long helical wall ties that reinforce vulnerable masonry walls. The drive-in ties corkscrew deep into masonry to form a mechanical connection that needs no cement-based grout. The resulting mechanical interlock connection makes the ties ideal for reinforcing walls on heritage houses, listed buildings and ancient monuments.
Extra long structural repair ties are ideal for:
- re-connecting buttressing walls
- pinning masonry arches
- tying thick and rubble fill stone walls
- corner crack stitching
- reinforcing parapet walls
- securing stone quoins
To install the extra long ties simply drill the deep pilot holes and drive-in using a proprietary SDS adaptor. Use 8mm holes for soft masonry and 10mm holes for hard masonry. The structural tying system is at least 10 times as faster to drill and install than alternative deep pinning systems, delivering exceptional savings in labour costs. Advantages include:
- Less disturbance caused to buildings than with any other retrofit deep pinning system
- Longer and stronger than any other helical wall tie
- Can be used at any temperature including sub-zero conditions
- No cements = no material compatibility issues on old historic buildings with lime mortars
- Cost effective with rapid installation rates
Long helical wall ties are UK designed and manufactured by Thor Helical under Patent No: GB 2439633.